Property Damage

Property Damage

We understand the pain and frustration that comes after sustaining damage to your property. When your insurance company is supposed to be there to help, they end up creating a second disaster by abandoning their responsibilities to their loyal policyholders.

Welt & Rheaume has helped both residential and commercial policyholders with recovery on their property insurance claims.

Our mission is to help people whose lives or businesses have been disrupted by property damage from an insured event.  Often the insurance company makes the wrong decision and denies or underpays a valid claim.  Welt & Rheaume assists our clients through a “common-sense” approach and aggressively litigates the poor decisions made by the insurance carriers. 

Our clients include people, businesses and organizations who have suffered an insured loss and who want to be treated fairly by their insurance company so they can recover the money to which they are entitled under their insurance policy.

We have a strong and thorough understanding of how insurance companies operate. We help clients with new, delayed, underpaid, and denied insurance claims. Our attorneys and full team of experts are the only professionals you need for your residential; Condominium or business claim.

Types of Claims

What to do after a loss

After the loss, you should document all damages with photographs and attempt to stop any further damage.

Contact your insurance provider to notify them of the loss.

After your insurer is made aware of the loss, they will send an independent adjuster to the property to inspect the damage.

After the insurance company completes their investigation (within a reasonable time) and you receive a payment, you should also receive a Summary of Loss explaining their payment.

In the event you receive a denial from your insurance company, they should list the reasons for the denial and the cite the portion(s) of your policy in which they are relying on for the denial.

If you are dissatisfied with your insurance company’s decision on your claim, Welt & Rheaume can help.

When an insurance company wrongfully delays, denies, or underpays your claim, it is recommended you consult with an experienced insurance claim attorney to review your options.

Is flood damage included in hurricane coverage?

Usually-no. Policies will include wind damage and in some cases, water damage, but damage from flooding is typically excluded from most policies. Homeowners will need to obtain flood damage coverage through an authorized private carrier or public entities like the National Flood Insurance Program or FEMA.

We are Here to Help You!

Free Consultation

Sign Up for Our Newsletter